Saturday, July 14, 2007

Fish Sticks

So I went down to this cool little shack of a coffee bar/theater called the Hideout last night to watch some improv comedy. In my experience, improv is funny about half the time when it's done by extremely skilled people. These folks weren't quite up to that level, so it wasn't exactly a gut busting evening. Still, it was entertaining and I'll probably go again some time.

Anyway, the point of this post is that there was one line from the show that will stick in my mind forever. This cute guy/girl duo troupe had worked themselves into a scenario where the guy desperately wanted to try fish sticks but was too afraid. He would keep buying them and heating them up - and later when he didn't eat them his "wife" would throw them away. At some point Mr. Fishsticks came out with "Sometimes when I have a belch that doesn't taste like anything in particular I dream that's fish sticks".

That's deep, man.

I'll leave you with this:

No comments: